Sunday, July 15, 2012

(988) Bag of Bones by Stephen King

Prior to reading this book, the last time I read a Stephen King book I was a teenager. I remember having problems going to sleep for many nights after that.

Surprisingly this time I did not find the writing horrifying. It was interesting reading about a famous author writing about another best selling author. It confirmed that I am not the only word smith who does "zone out" in order to write. When I was mulling over a particular chain of thoughts, I could be physically in one place and yet I was not really there. A friend asked for a ride and I registered the request. When it came time to go home, I switched on my thinking mode and forgot about the request. I walked happily to the car and went merrily on thinking what to write and how to bring the thoughts across. Now, that would not endear any friends to me, would it?

I find myself wondering when any blood lines die out, is it by chance? Or could there be some reasons leading to it? For instance, I have an aunt who married an only son who was adopted. Although she delivered two sons, one died as a toddler and the remaining one did not marry. It does look like that particular line would discontinue. From what little I heard, that family she married into was rich once upon a time but was snooty. They were pretty rude to my grand ma when there was no need for them to be unpleasant. Of course it was one thing to be prideful, it is another for a well established business to fail. Yet it is a third thing to have no descendants that would carry the family name into the future.

When we have a murderer or a serial killer, it seemed like these people were taken over by pure evil. But when we have a group of ordinary citizens raping and killing a minority woman and drowning her son, it probably is mass hysteria. Until the despicable act is exposed, the shed blood of the innocent would cry out for revenge.

One of my friends' sister bought and reside in a 107 year old house. I wonder if there is any crime committed  in or around the house, it would be interesting to find out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment