Friday, October 14, 2011

(542) Foundation by Isaac Asimov

I must state here that I am not a science fiction fan. As I have taken the trouble to borrow as many books I can transport as well as read for my children, I ventured to read science fiction when my sons were young. I read "I Robot" by the same author when my eldest was about thirteen. That was a good thirteen years ago.

Until a few months ago, if you mention Isaac Asimov, I would not know who he was. But Elizabeth talked her father into taking her to a book fair. There they purchased low priced second hand books. Among those were the Foundation series.

I find myself reading three books in two days. Apart from eating and doing house work, I did not do anything else except reading. Now I understand why it was awarded the best all time series. Whether they were read as soon as they were written or a hundred years later, any logical reader would be attracted to it. I know I would read them again and again, looking for certain details and emphasis.

Is there such a field as "psychohistory"? Would it be known under another fancy name?

No comments:

Post a Comment