Saturday, July 9, 2011

(501) Personality plus by Florence Littauer

Since I brought up the four basic personalities in my last blog, I thought I would share a little on this book. Some neighbours moved away from my neighbourhood. They threw away a box of books. Sad to say, I didn't hear of it until too late. The garbage collector took them. A maid, who is my friend, rescued two and gave them to me. One I donated to my church library. The other is the above-mentioned.

I heard about this basic four personality grouping from Elizabeth's Kindergarten teacher. When my eldest went to work, he bought a book by Tim LaHaye: I think it was Spirit filled Temperaments. I flipped through most of the pages over a few years but perhaps because I was dense, I could not appreciate it.

Elizabeth is very introspective. She read Spirit filled temperaments more than once to search into her own make up. As she was reading Personality Plus, she read me numerous sections. This time I could see how it applies into my life and how it seemed to be describing some of my close friends. I hope it will give me an insight into the people whom I am trying to understand. And it will give me ideas as to motivating them to draw on God's gracious healing provision. To a greater or lesser extent, most of us are wounded people. Most of us in the church need healing before we can be effective in our unique ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment