Saturday, August 27, 2011

(520) The perfect mate for Zelda

There is a friend whom I have been listening and encouraging for the past five years. She prayed for a husband and has a long list of criteria. I never consciously take notes as I am not a trained staff. But I can certainly rattle off her list off hand.

1. The guy must be tall, at least five nine.
2. He must have a clear missionary call.
3. He must be obedient to God.
4. He must be single, or divorced with no woman claiming him, or widowed
5. Preferably be musically inclined.
6. Preferably be gifted with tongues and spiritual gifts, presently serving in his local church.
7. He is to lead, not to follow her
8. He should not be over weight
9. She would be pleased with his appearance.
10. He should not be more than five years older than her

Out of a tough list of ten, I must say that her present intended whom she got to know through the internet has nine of her criteria. The only one not perfectly matched is number eight. Yet looking at his photo, I cannot say that he is fat. If he loses 5-8 kilo, he should have an acceptable B.M.I. for a six footer with a big frame.

Looking at the situation, I am of the opinion that there can be perfect candidates, but I think both husband and wife have to work at being the perfect mates for each other. There is no such thing as the perfect husband that is born for a particular woman.

Please read (749),(361), (383), (401), (487), (994), (9)

No comments:

Post a Comment