Sunday, August 7, 2011

(513) Happily ever after?

I have been hibernating in my brother's house for many days. Just yesterday I heard my mum talking on the phone with her old friend who was her co workers from her early twenties. Now I know from whom I have inherited my listening skills.

It was a kind of one-sided conversation. Apparently my mum's friend was lonely and needed sympathy. Her husband left her alone in their house. He went on one of his many do-good trips to Thailand. Why was it that a healthy and active old lady not follow her husband there? Oh! He seemed to walk too fast and each time she was left behind, she was terrified of being lost in a foreign country. When she complained about it, her children told her not to go with him unless there is another person who would wait for her.

We are talking about a couple who have celebrated their golden anniversary. I wonder if there are any really happily married couple who are both above seventy years old in town? I have met a few in America. Lately, I haven't come across any in this mega city.

No comments:

Post a Comment