Sunday, August 7, 2011

(515) Satelite Imaging

Having access to digital TV, I enjoyed a program made possible by satelite imaging. It was like an aerial journey made for armchair travelers.

I actually watched one that shows me parts of South Africa which includes Johansburg. The journey started from the east coast, transverse to the west and ended at a spectacular mountain range. For the first time I have a close look at what an old diamond mine was left to look like.

Then I really like the one on New York state which ended with a grand view of the Niagara Falls. I was treated to the beautiful scenery of the acres and acres of forest preserve in New York state. Those lakes, big and small, are just so serene and peaceful to look at.

There was one that shows those expensive and exclusive get away towns like Martha's Vineyard. There were many islands, seaside quaint little towns, famous names like the Kennedy's home base. Massachusetts may be small, but the Atlantic side certainly seems like it was millionaires' playground.

No wonder one of my friends said she rather watch one of these programs from the comforts of home than to take long flights to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment