Saturday, December 11, 2010

(327) Chance meeting

I went to purchase lunch and happened to fall into conversation with a lady in the eatery. The conversation started with her commenting that she was being unnecessarily good to her son. I smiled and responded with some common place remark.

She went on to tell me how her husband's family forced her to convert to Christianity. She went to church for many years and brought many to church. Apparently now, she no longer goes for service. Then she found out that I am a church going Christian. So she asked me why some Christians, specifically her parents-in-laws, are two faced?

This incident set me thinking for a while. Many people equate God with so called "Christian behavior"! There are all types of people in church. For that matter, we cannot assume that everyone who happened to be attending Sunday service in every church to be saved. Even in the bible we find:

Not everyone who says to me,"Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day,"Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, " I never knew you. Away from me, you evil doers." Matt 7:21-23

It is sad that my own brother would not step into any church because he detests the behaviors of some so-called Christians in his work place. I thank God that even though I have professed Christ for twenty six years now, my brother had not accused me of being a hypocrite yet. I know he is still watching, that I am walking a lifetime of testimony in front of my unbelieving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment