Sunday, November 7, 2010

(226) Left or right/ Learning disabilities 14


Left or right

The evangelist was pointing to his right chest and saying that God wanted to heal someone with pain there, near the heart. Intellectually I was telling myself that the heart should be on the left. Then he pointed to his lower back and once again said that someone in the audience had intermittent pain in both the spots, the anointing was there and do go out and be healed. Three and then one more young people walked out. I was still asking myself was I the one, as intermittent pain was on the opposite side.

Much later I thought, how stupid was I to match sides when  all I had to do was to walk out and claim the healing. If I had made a mistake of left and right, there would have been no down side. However, that was easier said than done. A life long series of mistakes involving left and right, causing ridicule and humiliation could not be disregarded overnight. Whenever I face a decision of left versus right, I would hesitate. What comes instinctive for some folks would be slow and deliberate for me. Even with deliberate care, I would still make mistake sometimes. At this point, it does not matter. I  am no longer fearful of being different. I have accepted the fact that some handicaps come with many other gifts. I win some, I lose some. But one thing for sure, when I get to heaven, I will then have no more handicap.

* coral-o1-copy from www.h2o-mag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment