Monday, April 8, 2019

(1082) Getting ready to return to Borneo

I just had a 48 hour visit with a long time friend. I listened to her for at least seven years through her darkest hours.

She is happy. Her life is full. I enjoyed the peace and comfort I felt in the old double storey link house she slowly converted into a rooming house. Her son who worked in Singapore sent her a stipend. She stays for free as her tenants more than covered her rental, water and electric bills. She is 18 credits away from obtaining her Masters Degree. Not bad for a 53 year old single mother. I am very pleased for her progress. As I am waiting for a sign to go for a writing break in Borneo, I want to be sure she is alright.

When I was in hospital recovering from a serious illness, I met this lady (who was a perfect stranger up to that moment) who transports special children in  her van. When she heard that I blog about special children, she asked me if I have a Chinese blog site. I don't. That was two years ago. I felt bad about denying the Chinese speaking community a chance to read my blogs. Yet I am totally out of touch. For I don't even sms in Chinese because I don't know much about Han Yu Pin Yin.

Recently I thought of the idea of pod-casting in Mandarin. My technical advisor is in Borneo. In a few days' time I may be able to get some much needed advice from a friendly software engineer. Who knows, I may be able to slowly provide a listening side to this blog.

My dear friend from the hospital in Putrajaya or her daughter who is English speaking, by August I hope to have a voice translation of my special education blog. When that happens, I hope that what little I know might be of help to the Chinese speaking community at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment