Wednesday, March 4, 2015

(268) Catching more of USA

This afternoon I have been fortunate in catching a program: 'The World From Above” on Channel 571, Astro. It showcased parts of North Dakota: beginning with the north-west corner, followed by a few towns then ending on Mount Rushmore.

If there is anything I missed the most these eight months, it is this program. I used to catch it now and then while visiting my mum twice a week. My elder brother subscribes to Astro in Peninsular.

One of my neighbours went back to Peninsular during CNY the past week. During my daily 2-5pm viewing, this is the first time I managed to catch this program. I am most grateful to my neighbours as well as their maid for this privilege.


During my undergraduate years in the US as a scholarship student, I visited fourteen states. Now with NASA's satellite technology, I am slowly viewing more parts of USA remotely via Astro. Of course, I have also viewed South Africa as well as parts of Europe through this program. While it is interesting to see other continents, mainly it is helping me fulfil my desire to visit more states of USA by catching more segments on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment