Sunday, March 8, 2015

(1003) Fears of Unemployability

My husband's cousin used to study geography in uni. Everyone who heard about it at that time said she would have problems finding a job.

But upon graduation she migrated to Australia. There she picked up a Master's in Town Planning and thereafter became a city employee of Melbourne.

My best friend's brother was in geology way before petroleum was discovered in my country. Wonder of wonders! When he graduated he had three job offers: Shell, BP and Petronas. By now he has been to the far corners of four continents prospecting for oil.


My youngest is graduating with an English Literature degree soon. I wonder if God will be kind to her and throw her a hot job despite the so-called 'cold' field she is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment