Wednesday, March 11, 2015

(1006) Behind Time No Longer

When I first came to northern Borneo, I was surprised that it became completely dark at 6:15pm. Of course it could not be compared to a dark, cold, windy twilight at 3:30pm in Washington DC in winter!

Then it came to me that during my few rail journeys from Penang to Bangkok and then Chiangmai, sunrise and sunset were around 6am or 6pm by Thai time. So that is what it would be like if the time zone is smack on an area as it should be.

In Kuala Lumpur, the sun does not rise until about 7am in January. Correspondingly, it does not set until about 8pm. Of course, Peninsular adopted that time zone to be in sync with Sabah and Sarawak. Therefore in Peninsular, people would have to live with a late sunrise and therefore a late sunset; after all, that is the most accurate time zone for western Sabah.


Anyway, I am reaping the benefits now. I sleep earlier and awake earlier. That would be one of the criteria of a healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment