Wednesday, January 26, 2011

(372) Upbringing 38

I accompanied my husband on a visit to his ex-colleague. My husband worked in Company A in Perth before joining Company B in Sydney. This person, we’ll call him Sam, used to work in Company B and now is in Company A.


He visits his family once a fortnight. What really impressed me was not his well-renovated house, not his swanky new car…it was his obedient son.


Sam sat with us and his son served us drinks. Later, Sam called him to get his diary, medical cards, insurance policies, brochures, quotation to renovation, name cards…The poor boy must have been interrupted at last ten times during our visit of one and a half hours, yet he was prompt in answering his father’s summons. There wasn’t any sign of irritation and I saw patience and respect.


Seldom do I see such obedience in this modern generation. I take off my hat to this special young man and his father who had taught him so well.



* flower bulb fundraiser lg.jpg from ilovefundraising.co

No comments:

Post a Comment