Wednesday, November 14, 2012

(112) this book will save your life by a.m.homes

My niece bought this book as a teenager. I read it once many years ago. Until recently, I thought of it as a rather unusual book.

A week back, I decided to read it once more. This time, I have plenty of time for reflection. After all, the last of my chicks has flown away. I begin to see the purpose for Homes to write this book. Personally speaking, I am the exact opposite of Richard Novak. He had millions, I have a few hundreds in my bank account so the bank cannot charge me for service. Any extra I lavished on my children, I gave to missions. He lived in an expensive hill top house, I live in my tiny house in a cheap part of town. He chose to leave his wife and son, I hung onto my husband and children. He was totally independent, I am totally dependent on my husband now and I will be dependent on my children if I live longer than my husband.

Yet I see his dilemma: What is the point of gaining the world (much wealth) but losing your very soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment