Sunday, September 23, 2012

(61) The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Illustration by Patrick Benson.

The lovely pictures looked mighty familiar. I could have borrowed it fifteen years ago from the Silver City Library for my children.

This is contemporary imaginative children's tale at its best. Kenneth googled it as I was reading. He said it was the last picture book Rould Dahl wrote. Only thing that was different was that he used a new illustrator. This is the best illustration I have seen for at least a year.

Imagine worlds filled with tiny people called Minpins, just like Enid Blyton's elves, and the world of outdoor becomes exciting and fascinating. But, we are still cutting trees and clearing land in many parts of the world. Will my great-grand children have any wood left in their world?

No comments:

Post a Comment