Wednesday, September 12, 2012

(54) A look at my voice box

The other day I went for my half yearly check up. I said yes to participating in a ENT graduate research project. The first visit involved a voice recording by a computer. A few days later, I went to the Ear, Nose and Throat Department and a flexible scope was lowered through my nostril into my throat to view the voice box. The image was in full colors, real time and is a moving video. It beats all the diagrams I learned by hard in my anatomy text books.

From the recorded video, I can see that the moving parts are actually little bones that make up a joint. Since my voice box looks perfectly normal and the sound recording passes whatever standard, there was no need for me to go again. I would become one number in the normal group.

No comments:

Post a Comment