Tuesday, May 28, 2019

(1098) Where Rainbows end by Cecelia Ahern

My youngest borrowed this book from a mobile library near her place of work. I was surprised to learn that this book came before "If You Could See Me Now"

I have cried reading her "PS, I Love You". I have laughed reading the one where missing socks end up in, can't quite recall the title. The author is very good at tugging at the readers' heart strings. "Where Rainbows End" does not sound like fiction, somehow.

Isn't it life that those who suit each other to a "t" would be parted by circumstances? Somehow, some would do all the right things and end up living their dreams, yet another might just by one bad decision end up paying and paying for that one slip for life?

I have a neighbour who lives for eight years on my right. Vaguely I know her as a single mother tenant who moved in after she sold a house jointly owned by her and her husband. Years later she told me that as a virtual stranger, I shared with her that she had a choice to forgive her husband for gambling and losing everything they had worked for. It might sound unfair, but if she does not choose forgiveness, she would be bitter and poisoned for life. Over the years she chose to forgive and let go. She raised her two children on meagre pay with some help from her parents. It was a great deal of sacrifice but I am happy to say that her two children grew up well taught and are working now. She is a cheerful, vibrant and productive member on the upward path, a good neighbour and a loyal friend. I was a little taken aback when I heard about what I said years ago. Over the years, I have learnt to listen more and talk less. I am glad that I took the risk then to say what concerns I had in my heart, and it turned out to be a timely word which did her good.

No comments:

Post a Comment