Thursday, April 25, 2013

(243) Overcoming pain in marriages

My area of passion is on children having learning disability. It is quite effortless to remember cases and trivia as long as they belong to my category.

For my friend, it is on marriage and divorce. Whatever anyone told her, as long as it is related to either marriage or divorce, she would remember it for life. She was rattling a list of facts while I listened on: six years have passed since she left her husband, now they have reconciled. It is like falling in love for a second time with the same person. She remembered that a speaker said that it took him six years for him to really forgive his adulterous but repentant wife and have the marriage on an even footing. Then one of my friend's friend also said that she suffered for six years, after she confessed that she had an illicit relationship abroad while she was working on her post graduate studies. Her husband did not want to end the marriage but it was hard for him to be intimate with her for a long time.

Interesting! I have not come across a single woman in this country who would admit to cheating on her husband. But as a college student in USA, I used to regularly listen to all kinds of different experiences, heart ache, disaster on male-female relationships. Perhaps my current status of being a married woman does not invite confidential sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment