Thursday, April 18, 2013

(231-) Remarry?

I have a friend who reconciled with her estranged husband. They were divorced a few years ago.

The next question is : should they remarry?

Hold your horses there! Let us be calm and reason out the pertinent facts. First of all, the legal part of the marriage costs next to nothing. My brother paid 20 Hong Kong dollars to be registered with his beautiful wife. My husband probably paid a few dollars more for our marriage cert. My poor friend actually paid S$15,000 for the dissolution of her marriage, since it was registered in Singapore. Please note: it is more than easy to be wed but it costs a horrendous amount to be divorced!

My personal opinion is there is no real need for them to sign on the dotted lines again! After all, for all the time apart they have neither had any ties with any opposite sex. They are not Muslim, no one would check for their married papers in hotels. The only people who may be bothered about their status would be their children. As long as juniors do not take their fickle parents as role models, I suppose the latter are not doing anyone any harm living as man and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment