Saturday, March 23, 2013

(216) Popularity

I had a chat with my first cousin who works in advertising and is really into psychology. According to her, when we want to relate to the masses, it is really easier to be a little of an underdog so that many people would feel like they would give us helping hands. On the other hand, it is not really wise for a public figure to portray a perfect image.

For example, she asked me if I like Nicole Kidman. Well! I am not really big on super stars. I think she looks more than beautiful in some of her shows. Can't say I am a follower of hers but then again I have nothing against her. My first cousin said that while there are lots of people who adore her yet there is a group of people who dislike her and think she is stuck up. Apart from the media portrayal and the many movies, these people don't have anything else to judge her on. Therefore, it is all a matter of perception. My first cousin has this theory that because Nicole is near perfect, mortals cannot accept perfection. It may not be envy either, some very ordinary women may not even want to trade places with her.

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting,  but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment