Tuesday, March 5, 2013

(215) Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

It is interesting that when a ghost hunter met a ghost, he thought it was a living person. Perhaps it is because I am from the East, I know that there are things between heaven and hell that human could not find explanations for.

Personally I have not seen any apparitions. But my grand ma and eldest aunt both could and did see spirits. During the Japanese occupation, they ventured into deep jungle to find edible leaves and roots. My eldest aunt saw a native mother and two children clearly while my grand ma saw them as shadows. My grand ma cautioned my eldest aunt not to say anything as the two parties passed each other on the narrow trail.

When my children were young, I had a helper. A few years before, she actually saw a woman combing her hair in a hotel room when my helper barged into it to retrieved some item. Interestingly, the woman looked normal, both human and spirit ignored each other.

When my youngest was about five, she saw people walking home in the moonlight. I turned and had a good look and saw nothing at the first floor window. Taking the counsel from my grand ma and my helper, my daughter and I went back to sleep while whomever she had a glimpse of went back to wherever they came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment