Thursday, August 29, 2019

(1143) An Amazing Answer

At the end of this period, I received orders to return to my hometown. I packed and got rid of many items to fit the remaining household into two small rooms for my son. Return I did to a series of appointments and lengthy hospitalisation. I almost died with a skeletal 84 pounds but somehow it was not time to go yet. Almost two years to the day I was discharged from the hospital, I flew back to Seldorado because of a confirmation release of Malaysian $3,407. I prayed specifically for x amount of money and tell God that I would fly to join my son for a specific period of time. The condition is that the sum was to come from a totally unexpected source with no strings attached.

It was during my 2 years of absence that the object of this blog, my now 14 year old target of prayer, progressed from failing to the top class. According to my son, there are four classes, A, B, C and D. The student was in D class for Remove class (an extra year for Chinese Primary students who switched over to Malay Secondary School). By Form 2 he was in A class. I was utterly amazed that he was getting 78% for English and 81% for Maths during the last test. After learning Maths for 6 years in Chinese, he has to switch to learning Maths in Malay. I attribute the spectacular improvement because God answers prayers.

Now that I am back in Seldorado, my new targets for prayers are two biracial boys of 15 and 16 years old. Neither of them seem to be able to do automatic reading in Chinese, English and Malay. I doubt if either could pass any subjective test in any of the three languages at Grade 3 level. As the holy spirit whispers, I am attempting to lead them to read English in un orthodox ways. May God bless and multiply my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment