Monday, August 26, 2019

(1142) Suicidal boy

Five years ago I came to Seldorado with my son, he undertook a tuition group of six out of which there is a suicidal 11 year old boy. Suffice to say the great challenge is the "I want to die!" preteen who would vomit out of fright because a dragon dance troupe was practising within ear range. It is made of loud booms of drums and shrill cymbal clangs.

I worked out of my repertoire of twelve years of experience of teaching many types of mildly or severely challenged children. None of any methods I know worked with the 11 year old. He is fair skin, somewhat good looking in a Chinese way. When there was no loud noise, his heart  would beat normally and he would pour out his grievances of being punished in school for untidy handwriting. Yes, I myself have written many pages of "I must write  beautiful scripts" for various Chinese and English Grade School mistresses. At this stage of my life, most writing is done by computer and smart phone, it no longer mattered that I had a mild dash of dyspraxia(which is part of the symptoms of dyslexia).

An old lady who was a prayer warrior in my church heard my concerns and suggested that I spend serious time praying for these students in tongues weekly. That I did for slightly more than one year two months. On every Tuesday, from 5 to 7 am I would dutifully pray that every one of my son's students would live out the perfect will of God's plans for them. At 7:01 I would proceed downstairs to answer the hungry calls of my pet chickens in my 22x60 square feet backyard. I would cut the grass manually until the sun was too hot  for outdoor activity.
To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment