Monday, January 14, 2013

(195) Library of the Dead by Glenn Cooper

I enjoyed reading this book as I did Da Vinci Code, knowing that it is a work of fiction. My son Kenneth said that he would not pay for this book. In any case we borrowed it from his cousin, therefore it did not cost us a cent to obtain it.

From my fairy tales days as a mum borrowing books for my young children, I have come across the superstition of a seventh son of a seventh son being a wizard. Well! I haven't some across one, have you? With very small families in our cities, it is difficult to find a seventh child, let alone a seventh son! The idea of the monastery management forcing young girls under their care to be impregnated so that they can gather more scribes to document the birth and death data of the world is frightening!

As such, information like that belong to God. Would the forces of darkness be able to access such data? I choose to think that only God the Father alone knows when the end of the world is. It cannot be 2027 as recorded in any novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment