Sunday, July 21, 2013

(264) Beautiful faces

Elizabeth was looking at her friend's face book picture, and she commented that Kylie has a very distinctive face. I sneaked one glance and said she looked a little like my childhood friend Primrose. The busy body in me went on to say that Kylie would likely marry very well - in terms of her future husband's looks and financial circumstances.

However, there is usually one catch: really beautiful women may not have daughters or some of them may be infertile. Here I quoted Primrose is childless, my school friend Serene who has two boys, my cousin-in-law who has two sons and adopted a girl from Korea. There was Princess Diana. My own sister-in-law has two boys and could not have any more children...

It is almost as if nature conspired to make sure such beautiful genes are not passed on to the next generation. Well, my Thai cook friend told me that her elder sister in Southern Thailand has a very beautiful daughter. At age thirteen, suitors came. One serious proposal was rejected. Another good proposal came at age 14, this time the parents knew they could not say no as the prospective groom is a good guy and he came from a good family. They managed to delay the wedding until the girl was 15. But under the circumstances the poor beautiful girl never get to complete her education. You see, if the parents had objected again, some bad guy would kidnap and forced her to marry whom she abhor because the parents are arrogant in continuing to reject suitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment