Thursday, August 5, 2010

(95) Gender



My mother was an unwanted daughter. When she was very young, as soon as she realized why she was treated differently from her brothers, she decided that when she grew up and set up her own household, she would have a daughter and treat her as she herself wanted to be treated.


Because of that, I was well loved and well treated. When it came time for me to get married, I realize all the advantages of having daughters who are financially independent. Yet I prayed for my first child to be a son. I can't say I want a son more than a daughter. There are three reasons.


I could see that my mother-in-law was having life-long dreams of having many grandsons. I look at my husband and realize that he is not strong enough as a man to be contented with two daughters. Last but not least, I don't want to be a baby machine producing a string of daughters while waiting for the illusive son.
God is merciful, he gave me a healthy and normal first born son.

* step8 2,jpg from blog.craftzine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment